Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stacey Windover - Kimbat + Stacey = Friends

Last night at the orphanage, a little 10 yr old girl named "Kimbat" walked up to me and said "Stay-ceeee" and then proceeded to hand me a marker and a piece of paper and said "Kimbat, K-I-M-B-A-T and Stay-cee are friends." So I wrote her precious name, then a plus sign, then my name, an equals sign, then friends.  I added a smiley face, a heart and some xoxoxoxoxo.  Explaining that meant hugs and kisses was a little difficult, that's for sure!!  

When it was time to go, Kimbat hugged me and said through the translator, I don't want you to leave, please stay.  Oh how I wish I could!  Oh how I wish she were adoptable and oh how I wish I had enough tenge to bring her into my loving family.  Some day, some day...................

2 comments:

Crain Family said...

God has given you all such a special mission there in Taraz. I am praying for you all to have strength to handle what comes your way, and what you have to leave behind. :)

Embracing my perfectly imperfect life said...

Oh...my heart is aching for you all just remembering how God use those sweet kids to touch my own heart. I am praying for you all to hear and let God break your hearts to never be the same (in a GOOD way). What HE wants to say to each of you may not be the same as for me or even each other, but i know if you let HIM this WILL change you lives. God is good and He is at work for sure!