Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chandler Holmes-A man of few words

High's;
  • Playing with the children at the orphanages, seeing blank faces turn to smiles.
  • When one of the orphans, Gema, came out and introduced himself, you could tell he was respected by the other children by the way they called out his name.  In fact, they wouldn't play frisbee with us until he got involved and made it "cool."  
  • Hanging out with the team one night for dinner. The entire team was exhausted, but instead of going to bed, they walked several blocks to a "pizza" place and we had a great time of fellowship.
  • As I was picking up the trash from the craft projects, a young man actually grabbed my hand and spoke to the translator and said he didn't want me to pick up the trash, they wanted to take care of it!
  • Playing basketball with the kids and seeing just how talented they were.  One kid didn't miss a shot from anywhere on the court.  We didn't win 3 on 3.
  • Stacey is typing for Chandler right now and one high I saw was when several little ones were climbing on Chandler as he played with them as they belly laughed and returned for more of the big teddy bear.
Low's
  • One of the adults at the orphanage challenged me to wrestling, no one wants their butt kicked in a foreign country.
  • After hanging out with the kids, I was sad to learn the realization that they were fighting for attention hoping for an adoption and I realized at that time I am in no position to do something about it.

No comments: